1. A beautiful woman is not just a woman who has a comely face and a shapely body. She must be a person whose soul glows with an inner light, who has depth in mind, and who is clean from head to foot.
2. You may not think much of it, but once someone takes more than a passing glance at you, most likely he or she will look at you from head to foot. So it is important for you to take care of yourself and to look immaculate from your hair down to your toes.
3. Speaking of feet and toes, the heat of summer may have reduced you to wearing flip-flops and open-toed shoes most of the time to make the heat bearable. More than likely, the skin and soles of your feet have hardened due to constant exposure. How ironic it is that the one way to make your feet feel comfortable in the summer heat is also a way that will make your feet dirty and unsightly!
4. But there are ways of keeping your feet nice, soft and pretty, without having to spend so much on foot spas and salon pedicures. It is only a matter of good grooming, of keeping your feet clean and moisturized on a day-to-day basis.
5. When you take a shower, rub the hardened skin of your soles, as well as the calluses of your feet, with a pumice stone. Yes, you read that right, a pumice stone. Pumice stones are more effective at exfoliating skin than those fancy foot scrubs available at the market. Just remember to wait till your feet are softened by the water before you “stone” it.
6. After you have gleefully rubbed the hard spots off your feet, follow it up with a good foot cream or moisturizer. Dry your feet thoroughly and then apply a generous amount of moisturizer on them. Do this before you go to bed and sleep with your feet encased in socks. You will have soft and smooth feet when you wake up.
7. Lastly, keep your toenails well-groomed. This means clipping your toenails regularly, never letting them grow too long, removing the cuticles and painting them. Nothing is more unsightly than toenails that are long, have chipped paint and are dirty-looking. If you cannot give yourself a pedicure, make it a point to visit a nail salon every two weeks or so. If you are one of those women who do not like putting nail polish on, then make it a point to buff your toenails with a nail brush.